Getting To New Orleans
Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (www.flymsy.com) serves the Greater New Orleans Region and the Gulf South with service to 59 non-stop destinations, on 17 airlines. Many nonstop flights from major cities are available. Air service is provided by Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, Allegiant Air, American Airlines, Branson Air Express, British Airways, Choice Aire, Condor Airlines, Copa Airlines, Delta, Frontier Airlines, GLO, JetBlue, Southwest, Spirit Airlines, United, and Vacation Express.
Union Passenger Terminal:
United Station is located at 1001 Loyola Avenue in New Orleans. The train station is 7 blocks (about 1/2 mile) from the hotel.
Getting to the Hotel
What are my options?
- We have secured a contract with Airport Shuttle to offer discounted transportation to and from the airport. $40 roundtrip or $20 one way. Reservations must be made via the website using this link: CLICK HERE Reservations can be made and changed via the web portal that is specifically for our group. More information can be found here as well.
- The airport is located 15 miles west of the hotel. The new Consolidated Rental Car Facility (CONRAC), with 9 Car Rental agencies, is now open. It is within walking distance from Baggage Claim and does not require a shuttle bus to reach your car. We’re working to establish a group rate with at least one agency.
- A cab ride costs $36.00 from the airport to the Central Business District (CBD) for one or two persons and $15.00 (per passenger) for three or more passengers. Pick up is on the lower lever, outside the baggage claim area.
- Uber and Lyft are available in New Orleans.
- United Cabs: http://www.unitedcabs.com/id1.html (504) 522-9771
- New Orleans Carriage Cabs: www.neworleanscarriagecab.com (504) 207-7777 (iphone ap!)
- Patio Cabs: (504) 891-6484
- Shuttle service is available from the airport to the hotels in the CBD for $24.00 (per person, one-way) or $44.00 (per person, round-trip). Three bags per person. Call 866.596.2699 or 504.522.3500 for more details or to make a reservation. Advance reservations are required 48 hours prior to travel for all ADA accessible transfers. Please call in advance of your travel date for the specially equipped shuttle to be reserved. Ticket booths are located on the lower level in the baggage claim area. www.airportshuttleneworleans.com. The airport also offers limousine service, if you’re into that sort of thing.
Getting Around the City
How to get around New Orleans? Do I really need a car?
Truthfully, not really. Once you’re at the hotel it’s only a quick streetcar ride or taxi to most places Uptown or the French Quarter.
- Walk – Many restaurants and attractions are close to the Maison St. Charles.
- Ride – Getting around New Orleans by streetcar is a great way to see the city. There are now FIVE different lines: St. Charles, Canal Street, Loyola/UPT, Rampart and the Riverfront, each of which originates downtown but takes you different parts of the city. The St. Charles Avenue Line (steps outside of the hotel) traditionally forms a 13.2-mile crescent from Carondelet at Canal Street in the Central Business District through the oldest and most majestic section of uptown New Orleans, around the Riverbend to Carrollton at Claiborne Avenue. ($1.25/trip, $3/day, $9/3-day, $15/5-day) Street Car Jazzy Passes can be ordered in advance by clicking the link above. Or, passes can be purchased in person at area vendors.
Download the Streetcar Schedule and Routes
- Cabs & Taxis – United Cabs Co. (504.522.9771); Yellow-Checker Cabs (504.525.3311), and many more.
- Uber and Lyft